I provide copyediting, proofreading, and substantive editing services, and am familiar with a variety of styles and editing environments. I work on fiction and nonfiction, creative nonfiction, business writing, magazines, and Web content.
Is your manuscript everything it can be? Is the message of your proposal unclear? Will your site content be understandable to a wide audience? Copyediting can help any text, and involves finding and fixing such problems as:
- Grammatical errors
- Spelling mistakes
- Punctuation issues
- Inconsistencies of capitalization, dates, numbers, and so on
- Ineffective passive voice constructions
- Inconsistent facts
- Word choice
Worried that some typos snuck in to your content? Could your copy use a thorough, detailed check before it goes to print or live on a site? Proofreading offers an important final look and corrects such problems as:
- Grammatical, punctuation, and spelling errors not caught in copyediting
- Design inconsistencies such as header problems
- Inaccurate page numbering
- Bad breaks on lines or page breaks
- Artwork problems and captions
- Inaccurate cross references
SUBSTANTIVE OR DEVELOPMENTAL EDITING
If your manuscript’s structure could be more logical, user-friendly, or flow better, I can help reorganize its content and structure.
Do you want to review the overall manuscript for plotting, characterization, or issues of consistency before submitting to a publisher or publishing by yourself? A content edit or review might be what you’re looking for.